Saturday 17 November 2018

#CoventGarden is gearing up for #Christmas2018 - I love this #MorrisMinor - a classic British Car for the memories it brings. When I was much, much younger I played the violin and my friend and mentor was a lovely lady called Ivy Cheeson who had played the 'cello in a ladies orchestra at the #CafeRoyale in the 1930s (doubling on banjo!) I couldn't drive and she would ferry me and my friends around to rehearsals and concerts in her vintage (1950s) Morris Minor. I have to confess we did sometimes feel we were taking our lives in our own hands. But, she was a very special person in my life - and I loved hearing her stories of the war - and playing string quartets with her. I do hope when I am in my 80s I'll have as much life as her - and will bring so much joy to other people. Here's to you, Ivy - every time I see a Morris Minor I think of you with the fondest of memories and realise just how lucky I was! Do you have anyone special in your past like that? #touristinmycity #beautifulLondon #TBIN #TTOT #prettylittlelondon #londonlife #LoveLondon #LondonisOpen #londonlife #thisislondon #igerslondon #visitlondon #instalondon #prettycitylondon #ilovelondon


No comments:

Post a Comment