Saturday 19 May 2018

The higher of two infinity pools at @mountedgecombegrenada where we went for a tour of the estate, spice trail and plantation house dating back to 1763. If I had a large family, I'd definitely be there - you can hire the whole property - with space for up to 19 people - and stay in the plantation house or self-contained cottages. It feels like a wealthy family's holiday home - slightly worn around the edges but with bespoke furniture, amazing bedrooms and of course, wonderful views out to sea. Our visit was a little different - we were there to learn about the exclusive chocolate produced on #Grenada from @WillTorrent as part of #GrenadaChocolateFest2018 @GrenadaChocoFes - there are now 5 independent chocolate producers on the island, each with their own special way of doing things. I haven't been to them all - so obviously I'll need to go back ;) but I did get to visit 3 of them. Will's event gave everyone the chance to explore the differences between all 5 by comparing similar chocolates from different producers side by side. Of course, we got to swim too! Next time I think I'll just get lost in the 28-acre estate and stay on for a few months or so. . . . #PureGrenada #FreetoWonder @DiscoverGrenada @robertmbates


No comments:

Post a Comment