Friday 15 February 2019

Have you heard of the concept of 'Calendar Houses' ? #WelcombeHotel near #StratfordUponAvon is supposed to be one. The original building had 7 entrances (for days of the week), 12 fireplaces (months of the year), 52 chimneys (weeks) and 365 windows. I didn’t try counting but I can confirm that there are a lot of windows! The concept of the Calendar House was an Elizabethan one – the first example is said to be Knole House in Kent. And, legend says that those who stay in a Calendar House will enjoy luck and prosperity. I wonder if one night counts? I enjoyed a wonderful stay here, eating in the restaurant and enjoying the well-equipped spa. And, I got yet another four poster bed! My kind of short break in the country. Read more on the blog - link in my profile. #exploremore #travelawesome #wanderful #writetotravel #exploringtheworld #guardiantravelsnaps #mytinyatlas #natgeography #darlingescapes #letsgobeyond #TBIN #TTOT #tudor #visitengland #literarytravel #travelblogger #shakespeare400 #historicalsites #shakespearesnewplace #literarytourism #shakespearesbirthplace #warwickshire #stratford


No comments:

Post a Comment