Saturday 18 August 2018

Sticky Toffee Pudding is one of those desserts you should always save space for. I'm not sure that I really DID have space, but I managed to pretty much lick my plate clean. I was truly impressed with #TheRise - which is the casual dining restaurant at The Grand Hotel and Spa where I stayed in #York last week. If this is their 'second' restaurant then I definitely need another trip to try the fine dining restaurant, Hudson, also run by head chef Craig Atchinson. I wasn't sure of the origin of Sticky Toffee Pudding (I had an inkling it came from Cartmel in the Lake District). I've been checking and there are two potential 'original' recipes in the UK - but the most likely source is from a Lancashire cook, Mrs Martin, who was taught how to make it by two Canadian air force officers who had lodged at her hotel during the Second World War. It is now regarded as a modern British classic - and here at The Rise, the Sticky Toffee Pudding comes with Medjool Dates and Toffee Sauce and a side of ginger ice. Truly delicious, not too heavy and yet wonderfully sticky it was the perfect end to an excellent meal. All in, the food in York was really excellent and I will be sharing some of the fabulous dining experiences I had on the blog. Congratulations to @thegrandyork @craig_atchinson - definitely a destination restaurant! #TBIN #ttot @visityork #OnlyinYork #YorkAdventure #makeitYork #travelblogger #instagood #instatravel #instagramers #girlswhotravel #sheisnotlost #instatravel #instapic #instagood #guardiantravelsnap #picoftheday #travellife #instatravelling #lifestyleblogger #travelinstyle #londonblogger #visityork #foodstagram #foodphotography #instafoodie #foodbloguk #foodblogger #instafoodblogger


No comments:

Post a Comment